Postgresql cannot start and no errors in logs - Fix


I have been doing a lot of work with Postgresql recently including replication, clustering, automatic failovers and so on. During one of my tests, I came through this situation where I tried to restart Postgresql server and it shows the server is started, but if I check the status of it, it is always shown as down, and I was unable to connect to it.

After doing everything I could, I felt this could be something related to the start up process, and remembered I disabled the starting of the Postgresql server while setting up the pacemaker cluster. So that was it. I just changed "disabled" to "auto" and it started the service :)

Just run the following.

echo auto > /etc/postgresql/9.6/main/start.conf

and start the server.

service postgresql start

One other thing you could try is, see if you have enough space left on your disks. That could also be a reason for Postgresql to not start, although it wasn't the case with me.

Check the disk space with following command.

df -h

I hope this will be useful for someone :)

4 comments :

  1. Hi, I’m Theodore Ginsburg and I live in Singapore. I’m here to share my own view to the world about how I was helped by Lord Zakuza with his powerful spells for bringing back my boyfriend who neglected and broke up with me for the past 2 and half years. I can’t say much because I really don’t know how to express myself right now for I’m overwhelmed but I really want to appreciate and thank Lord Zakuza for his honesty and gracious work in my life. Thank you xoxo much. Anyone reading this that needs his service can get in touch with him through his WhatsApp number on +17405739483 or via Email on: doctorzakuzaspelltemple@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete